I’ve struggled with the term ‘Head shots ‘ because #1 I just don’t like the sound of it and #2 it didn’t describe what I do. I stumbled across the term ‘Personal Branding’ and found my home.
‘Headshots’ have traditionally been rather dull, flat images that have little personality. Ah, but the Personal Branding photography is about YOU. In the world of entrepreneurs, corporations and social media the days of simply self promoting are gone. They want to know the why behind our businesses and they want to know about us. Personal Branding is about self-expression where we deliberately shape our image and persona to let the world know what we have to offer, how we are different and WHY.
For instance, I could go on and on about what a great photographer I am, but wouldn’t a beautiful set of images along with a few behind the scenes images of a photoshoot tell you more about my business? I use short videos to tell a story that words can’t begin to express. In this case, my message is that a photoshoot is fun and low stress yet you'll look awesome. I took some beautiful Hollywood glamour pictures of Billie Jean, but snapped off some of these too. She loved them! Enjoy! Leave me a comment.
Many of us use social media on a more personal, yet professional level to flare our popularity. Our online persona is used as a marketing and promotional tool to brand us. Our profile and posts tell the world what we believe in, what we do, what we love, what we don’t love and how we shape our world. If people like who we are, they are more apt to patronize our businesses. We are also more apt to attract the clients we want for our business.
What Carmen Buck Studios Offers Business Professionals
1. A key component to Personal Branding is to determine how you wish to use your images.
- Will the images be used for:
- Social Media- banners and or profile picture? For personal or professional pages or both?
- Magazine, newsletters, blog posts about you or your business?
- Personal use- has it been a long time since you had portraits taken? Would your significant other appreciate a special beauty shot?
- Do you need images from different parts of your business- i.e. your office, with your coworkers...
- Do you have special events coming up that you want to promote?
2. We design a photoshoot to suit your needs. You may want some with more casual clothing, some with dress suit, some soft and beautiful and some more strong and powerful. Would it be fun, serious or a little of both? What would YOUR video/slideshow look like?
3. There are packages available to choose from with digital and matted beautiful portraits as well. While we live in the digital world, the tangible images we can hold (my packages include a beautiful folio box) and that will last for generations and generations are PRICELESS! That's the FUN artsy part for me.
4. Professional makeup and hair is highly recommended. I have a team, including a stylist that know what looks good for you on camera. We make sure your vision for your business images comes true. Contrary to popular belief, photoshop will not fix everything or enhance your natural beauty the way professionally applied makeup can. We won’t change who you are- just bring out the best that is already there! Plus, who doesn’t need a day of pampering?