My name is Carmen. I'm a photographer, nurse practitioner and storyteller.
LOVE is LOVE. It's the one thing that doesn't discriminate for color, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, size of your waist, color of your eyes... I love to photograph BEAUTY, and BEAUTY is everywhere.
Our elderly family members often get left out of important family photos, announcements and other important events where a professional photographer is hired. I'm going to change this. I envision all generations of family members in our annual family photos, and grandmas and grandpas being part of wedding and pregnancy announcements and maternity pictures and... I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about it! That's right-you heard it here first!
Some of our elderly have dementia or Alzheimer's Disease. That was my specialty in nursing and I'm very comfortable working with people with dementia. Every stage of our lives need to be honored. Facility, your home, my studio...? Yep, I come to you for these family or individual portraits. Every photoshoot with the elderly or ill has been incredibly special and resulted in "priceless" images for the family.
A Few Fun Facts:
Love Still Lives Here is my upcoming book about love and dementia filled with stories and beautiful pictures. Don't you just love ❤️ that name? It's my baby and you should see it on shelves in the Fall of 2017.
Chipotle tacos and popcorn are my 2 favorite foods. I can't eat chocolate without getting it on my face. I've tried.
Do you hear a laugh that's a bit too loud? It's me, and I can't help it. I believe life is short and meant to be enjoyed so I rarely pass up opportunities. I figure they're gifts from God, and who would turn that down?
Love- it's why I do what I do
My greatest gift (we all have something we are super duper at!) is the ability to capture YOUR light in photographs. That sounds cliche' but it's true. It's my soul gift. People sometimes cry when they get to really see themselves too. Oh yeah, this is why I love to take pictures!
Official Photographer for:
Carmen is a nurse practitioner, author, speaker and photographer. Her current photography/essay project is a book called Love Still Lives Here-Everyday Spirituality and Dementia with stories and photographs of love and devotion of families caring for their loved ones with dementia. Expected publication is January 2017. She speaks on a variety of topics including eldercare, dementia care, spirituality and holistic nursing. She donates her talents to a variety of non profit organizations.
- The mission of Carmen Buck Photography is to provide outstanding service and an enjoyable experience in front of the camera.
- It is our mission to include ALL generations in photos including our elderly.
- It is our mission to memorialize our loved ones with dementia with beautiful photos.
- It is also our mission to create photographs you will love and cherish forever.
- It is our mission to provide creative services, gallery exhibitions and community outreach far and wide through photography, speaking, blogging and published books and articles.
- We are creatives with a real heart for family and want to inspire and influence generations of families on the importance of creating family heirlooms.
Carmen Buck Photography Specialties
- Modern Women's Portraiture
- Couples- all couples welcomed!
- Heirloom/lifestyle photography- capture your family in everyday life including the older family members who often get left out
- Personal Branding for business purposes
- Family including your family pet!
- Carmen Buck Photography offers a sun-filled studio and 2 acres of beautiful outside space for natural, sunset sessions. She specializes in modern women's portraiture including professional hair and makeup, professional or social media Beyond Ordinary Head Shots, senior adult photography, couples and family photography (including your family pet) that tells your story. Lifestyle photography captures the spirit of your home life. Carmen photographs some weddings but only small, intimate events.